REVIEWED ON JUN 21, 2023
With the Remitly app, you can send and receive money with just a few taps. Remitly launched in 2011 and has since attracted millions of users. It’s primarily catered toward recent arrivals to the United States looking for a low-cost alternative to banks and other financial service providers. Users benefit from advanced security, while 24/7 customer support comes as standard.
- Robust security credentials
- Fast transactions as standard
- Relatively low fees
- Easy to get started
- Transaction tracking tool
- Limited currencies supported
- Not available in every country
- Cash payments aren't supported
- Customer support isn't great
- High limits in place
How to download & use
- Download the Remitly app via the link on this page.
- Create an account by entering your email address and setting up a password.
- Verify your identity by providing a valid government-issued ID.
- Enter the recipient’s information, including name, country and currency.
- Choose the payment method (bank account, debit/credit card, etc.) and enter the amount you want to send.
- Review and confirm the transaction details, then hit “Send”.
Review & download
The Remitly app takes all of the effort of transfering money online. You can send funds to recipients anywhere in the world in just a few taps. What’s more, you'll benefit from very competitive exchange rates and can keep track of your transfers until they clear. If you've had bad luck with other payment apps, make Remitly your next download.