REVIEWED ON JUN 21, 2023
The PayPal app makes sending and receiving money online incredibly straightforward. One of the most trusted e-wallets on the planet, PayPal brings peace of mind when it comes to making online transactions. You can even use your PayPal app to pay for goods and services with any partnered vendor. Password protection and two-factor authentication come as standard, while you can even use your PayPal balance to invest in crypto assets.
- Safe way to send money online
- Lets you transfer from anywhere in the world
- Supports all major currencies
- You can even use crypto assets
- Very low transaction fees
- Some transfer fees are more expensive than others
- Verification can slow down transfers
- Limited fraud protection
- Potential for identity theft
- Customer service isn't great
How to download & use
- Download the PayPal app using the link on this page.
- Link your bank account or credit card. Once you've created an account, you'll need to link a bank account or credit card to it. This will allow you to send and receive payments.
- Verify your account. PayPal requires you to verify your account before you can start sending or receiving payments. This usually involves confirming your identity and address.
- Send a payment. To send money to someone, simply enter their email address or mobile number in the “To” field and enter the amount you wish to send. Then click “Send Payment” to complete the transaction.
- Request a payment. To request a payment from someone, click “Request Money” and enter their email address or mobile number. Then enter the amount you'd like to request and click “Request Payment” to complete the process.
- Check your balance. If you want to check your PayPal balance, simply log into your account and click “Balance”. Here, you can view your current balance and recent transactions.
Review & download
PayPal is a go-to tool for sending and receiving money online. You can get started in moments, while payments are quick and secure. You can even take advantage of additional features that make managing your finances a breeze. You can use PayPal to pay for goods and services online and in store, as well as transfer money to friends and family. It’s also popular with users looking to make low-cost international transfers.