REVIEWED ON JUN 21, 2023
Hinge is the dating app that wants you to meet someone - and delete the app off your phone! It's meant for real people who want to chat and go on dates and it's the most commonly mentioned app in the New York Times wedding section! Hinge is great if you're looking for something long-term and you can connect with other users based on shared interests and values. It's free to download and use and you can use it on iOS and Android devices.
- Free access for users
- Designed to be user friendly
- Detailed profiles for would-be matches
- Excellent privacy and security
- Valuable features, such as group chat or location based searching
- No guarantee of the perfect match!
- Some technical errors
- Data may be shared
- No desktop version
- Customer service can be variable
How to download & use
- Download the Hitch app from the link on this page.
- Wait for the download to complete on your phone and click the icon.
- Create an account and fill out the questionnaire.
- Start swiping through profiles and like the ones that catch your eye.
- Send messages to people you match with.
- Start your chat and maybe plan to meet IRL!
Review & download
Hinge is one of the biggest dating apps available and it's got an impressive track record when it comes to placing successful matches. You can like, comment and break the ice in different ways and the match questionnaires are designed to drill down to values and factors that really matter when individuals are looking for a meaningful match. It's fun to use, free and well worth a try if you're looking to up your dating game!